Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family loves this sandwich. This was in Cooking Light.
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Mix the egg whites and milk together in a large bowl.
- Spread honey mustard on bread and place Swiss cheese and ham in between bread to make a sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet to medium high.
- Place sandwich in skillet and cook until golden brown then flip and cook the other side.
- Sprinkle sandwich with powdered sugar and serve with a spoonful of raspberry jam.
I love monte cristos but tend to forget about them in menu planning. They are easy to make so I don't know why. I used to make them often when my young daughter swore off all things "breakfasty". I was happy to see your recipe as we are on the World Tour Event. I did use one whole egg instead of the two egg whites. Needless to say we enjoyed our sandwiches. Thank you!