Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We tried this omelet a few nights ago for dinner and really enjoyed it. It's loaded with potatoes, meat and onions. We made this with leftover ham, green onions, and a 4-blend cheese for a hearty and filling omelet. I'm guessing that it would be good with all kinds of variations too. From the Marlboro Country Cookbook.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped beef jerky or 1⁄2 cup dry salami or 1⁄2 cup ham or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs, half and half, salt, pepper well or mix in a blender.
- Cook meat, onions and potatoes in butter and oil until onion is tender and potatoes lightly browned.
- Pour egg mixture over all, lifting potatoes to let eggs run under.
- Cook slowly in a covered fry pan until eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese and serve.
its filling mr picky liked it ,no sour cream , he doesnt like that lol made for best of 2014 tag he had bacon
What a wonderful dish! It is much like a tortilla de patata (Spanish tapa), which we are extremely fond of. We made it with the salami, but I can see any meat working, and would be curious how the jerky would turn out - different, but good, I imagine. Like Breezer, I increased the potatoes by 50%, since we love 'em, and omitted the cheese (dietary reasons - but honestly, it doesn't even need it). I think this sums it all up: DH kept saying during and after dinner "the bomb!".
Delicious! I used ham for the meat, and increased it to a cup and the potatoes to a cup and a half. Added a couple of more eggs so I'd have a giant omelet. After all, I am feeding a 23 year old boy/man. He got 3/4 and I got 1/4. Delicious dinner for us tonight. Served with sour dough toast. Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration' game on Yuku.