Recipe by lazyme
We tried this omelet a few nights ago for dinner and really enjoyed it. It's loaded with potatoes, meat and onions. We made this with leftover ham, green onions, and a 4-blend cheese for a hearty and filling omelet. I'm guessing that it would be good with all kinds of variations too. From the Marlboro Country Cookbook.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped beef jerky or 1⁄2 cup dry salami or 1⁄2 cup ham or 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, half and half, salt, pepper well or mix in a blender.
- Cook meat, onions and potatoes in butter and oil until onion is tender and potatoes lightly browned.
- Pour egg mixture over all, lifting potatoes to let eggs run under.
- Cook slowly in a covered fry pan until eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese and serve.