- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup assorted nuts (almonds, walnuts, or your favorite)
- 3⁄4 cup assorted dried fruit (apricots, raisins or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the oil and honey. Cook until heated through; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, wheat germ, and nuts with the honey-oil mixture. Spread the mixture about 1 inch thick on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, turning the mixture a few times with a spatula, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool. Add the dried fruits and toss to distribute well.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for 3 to 4 weeks.