Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and changed it around a bit. It originally called for halibut but we don't eat it so I changed it to tilapia. It was originally submitted to the book by Lisa Wahl of Scobey, MT.
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits (or 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup crouton, crushed (it suggests cornbread croutons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub tilapia with 2 tbsp butter. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange tilapia in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt and lemon juice together; spread evenly over tilapia.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top of yogurt mixture.
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat (or in microwave).
- Remove from heat and add croutons. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle crouton mixture over tilapia.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness of tilapia.