1/1 Photo of Montalcino Chicken With Figs - Rachael Ray
Fom Rachael Ray's 30 Minutes Meals. I watched this episode & the dish looked wonderful. Montalcino is a small town in Italy famous for its vineyards. Rachael suggests using Brunello wine in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 lb pancetta, thick-cut, cut into strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 -16 dried figs, halved
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add olive oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta 3 to 4 minutes then remove and reserve.
- 3Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper, dredge in flour then add to the hot pan. Brown the pieces a few minutes on each side over high heat.
- 4Move the meat to the edges of the pan and add the onions, garlic and chopped figs. Saute 5 minutes.
- 5Combine chicken with onions and figs then add the wine and cook it down 5 minutes or until only about 1/3 cup remains.
- 6Add chicken stock, parsley, lemon zest and thyme to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer cook another 10 minutes.
- 7If you would like a more sauce, pour another half cup of stock into the pan.
- 8Remove from pan & garnish with crisp pancetta sticks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Montalcino Chicken With Figs - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 171.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of