Fom Rachael Ray's 30 Minutes Meals. I watched this episode & the dish looked wonderful. Montalcino is a small town in Italy famous for its vineyards. Rachael suggests using Brunello wine in this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb pancetta, thick-cut, cut into strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 -16 dried figs, halved
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta 3 to 4 minutes then remove and reserve.
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper, dredge in flour then add to the hot pan. Brown the pieces a few minutes on each side over high heat.
- Move the meat to the edges of the pan and add the onions, garlic and chopped figs. Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken with onions and figs then add the wine and cook it down 5 minutes or until only about 1/3 cup remains.
- Add chicken stock, parsley, lemon zest and thyme to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer cook another 10 minutes.
- If you would like a more sauce, pour another half cup of stock into the pan.
- Remove from pan & garnish with crisp pancetta sticks.