Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fom Rachael Ray's 30 Minutes Meals. I watched this episode & the dish looked wonderful. Montalcino is a small town in Italy famous for its vineyards. Rachael suggests using Brunello wine in this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb pancetta, thick-cut, cut into strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 -16 dried figs, halved
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta 3 to 4 minutes then remove and reserve.
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper, dredge in flour then add to the hot pan. Brown the pieces a few minutes on each side over high heat.
- Move the meat to the edges of the pan and add the onions, garlic and chopped figs. Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken with onions and figs then add the wine and cook it down 5 minutes or until only about 1/3 cup remains.
- Add chicken stock, parsley, lemon zest and thyme to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer cook another 10 minutes.
- If you would like a more sauce, pour another half cup of stock into the pan.
- Remove from pan & garnish with crisp pancetta sticks.
This was dish was wonderful. Watched RR make this on TV a while back and had to give it a try. We enjoyed this dish, it was a different way to make chicken.
A RR fan friend of mine made this Thursday night and it was WONDERFUL! She made it exactly as it was listed on RR's show. She also said it took longer than 30 min. to prepare but well worth it. I took a spinach-strawberry salad and bottle of good wine. What a feast. Now it's my turn to make it.