Montalcino Chicken With Figs - Rachael Ray
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta 3 to 4 minutes then remove and reserve.
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper, dredge in flour then add to the hot pan. Brown the pieces a few minutes on each side over high heat.
- Move the meat to the edges of the pan and add the onions, garlic and chopped figs. Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken with onions and figs then add the wine and cook it down 5 minutes or until only about 1/3 cup remains.
- Add chicken stock, parsley, lemon zest and thyme to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer cook another 10 minutes.
- If you would like a more sauce, pour another half cup of stock into the pan.
- Remove from pan & garnish with crisp pancetta sticks.