1/3 Photos of Montadito De Tortilla De Patatas - Potato Omelette Open-Faced Sa
May I Have That Recipe's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This recipe takes us back home to Barcelona, Spain. On a recent visit we went to a tapas restaurant and this is our creation mixing two famous catalan tapas. Tortilla de patatas (potato and onion omelette) and Escalivada (roasted peppers and eggplant) and in a bed of pan con tomate (crunchy bread with fresh grated tomato, salt and extra virgin olive oil).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, sauté potatoes and green onions in 3 ½ tablespoons of olive oil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook until potatoes are tender and just start to brown , about 15-20 minutes. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs with a pinch of salt. Add potatoes and mix well.
- 3Return the skillet to the heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4Pour the egg / potato mixture and cook on one side, at medium-low heat, until the bottom starts to brown.
- 5Place a large plate or a lid on the skillet. Remove from heat and flip the skillet quickly, to turn the omelet around. Slowly slide the uncooked side onto the skillet and return to heat. (Note: Be very careful not to burn yourself while doing this. We recommend using oven mitts or a towel. However, if you do not feel comfortable flipping the omelet this way, place the skillet in the oven and bake at 350F until set. Make sure you use an oven proof skillet!).
- 6Cook until set, pricking the top of the omelet with a fork, to allow it to cook evenly and a little bit faster. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- 7In the mean time, slice the ciabatta rolls in half and toast lightly.
- 8Grate the tomato in a bowl discarding the skin.
- 9Drizzle the remaining olive oil on the each half of the ciabatta rolls and spread the grated tomato on top, and season with salt to taste.
- 10Cut the potato omelette into 4 squares to fit on top of the roll. Place a square of potato omelet on each half, top with 2 strips of roasted red pepper and 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
- 11Place in the broiler for approximately 4-5 minutes or until the cheese melts slightly and has a golden brown color.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Montadito De Tortilla De Patatas - Potato Omelette Open-Faced Sa
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion