Recipe by Starrynews
For those familiar with the Monster Toes made from the cocktail franks (a la Monster Toes (For Halloween)), you know what's going on here. A wonderful treat for Halloween, these take your usual food and switch it up with a creepy presentation! While I enjoy the cocktail frank version, as well, I often host a Halloween brunch, so it made sense to switch it up to a breakfast version! I have successfully used the vegetarian sausage links in this recipe (as pictured).
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Since I was just playing around with this recipe more than anything else, I cut it in half, but still enjoyed putting these things together & now I want to try out some BABY one if I can get them the right size & use 'em as 'thumbs' for finger food! Anyway, we enjoyed these monster toes as part of a breakfast & I might just do 'em another time when we have overnight company! Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 10 sausage links or 10 vegetarian sausage links
- 2 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 20 toothpicks
- 20 slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the sausage according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut each flour tortilla into 10 thin strips.
- Halve the sausage links when they are done cooking.
- Leaving the rounded edge of the sausage link visible, begin wrapping about 1/3 of the way down from this edge with a tortilla strip. Wrap "messily," not all on top of itself, so that it looks like a mummy bandage.
- Pin the tortilla strip in place using a toothpick through the tortilla and sausage.
- Bake about 5 minutes.
- Remove "toes" from oven and immediately stick an almond into the top of the rounded edge of the sausage link, as though it was a creepy, broken toenail.
- Enjoy! They are good plain or with some maple syrup for dipping!