Recipe by CaliforniaJan
From Mario Batali...these are tropical and tasty! Prep time includes marinading time.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We really enjoyed these grilled shrimp. Made the marinade as directed, but added a little brown sugar to offset the tartness of the orange and the slightly bitter taste of the chili paste -- it turned out really good. Served with a side salad and DH was a happy man. Made for ZWT9 - Caribbean, August, 2013.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon asian red chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 scallions, green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined (16 to 20-count size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle, and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a resealable freezer bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Chill in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for 2 to 3 hours but no longer.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.