Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
From Mario Batali...these are tropical and tasty! Prep time includes marinading time.
Make and share this Monster Shrimp With Orange Chili Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon asian red chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 scallions, green parts only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined (16 to 20-count size)
- Put the orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle, and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a resealable freezer bag and pour the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Chill in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for 2 to 3 hours but no longer.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until they are opaque in the centers, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed these grilled shrimp. Made the marinade as directed, but added a little brown sugar to offset the tartness of the orange and the slightly bitter taste of the chili paste -- it turned out really good. Served with a side salad and DH was a happy man. Made for ZWT9 - Caribbean, August, 2013.