Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are an ever so slightly healthier version of an "Everything but the kitchen sink" cookie. You can pretty much put whatever add ins you want. I like chocolate chip and raisin, but dried cherries or cranberries or M&M's or butterscotch chips would all be good. I made these egg-free with flax seed, but you could easily make them with two eggs instead.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
- bring 1/2 cup water to boil in small saucepan and add 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, continue to boil, stirring constantly until an egg-white, jellylike consistency. Then let cool.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg replacer in to butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix flour mixture in to creamed ingredients.
- Stir in remaining ingredients- mixture will be very stiff.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful on to cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.