Recipe by Whatscooking?
These are an ever so slightly healthier version of an "Everything but the kitchen sink" cookie. You can pretty much put whatever add ins you want. I like chocolate chip and raisin, but dried cherries or cranberries or M&M's or butterscotch chips would all be good. I made these egg-free with flax seed, but you could easily make them with two eggs instead.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
- bring 1/2 cup water to boil in small saucepan and add 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, continue to boil, stirring constantly until an egg-white, jellylike consistency. Then let cool.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg replacer in to butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix flour mixture in to creamed ingredients.
- Stir in remaining ingredients- mixture will be very stiff.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful on to cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.