Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Preparing this in advance leaves lots of time to spend on details to make your Brunch a true success. Your BIG breakfast eaters will love this all-in-one monster of a meal.
- 1 loaf day old bread (cubed)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepure pork sausage
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 2 cups finely crushed crackers or 2 cups potato chips or 2 cups plain Doritos or 2 cups pretzels (or any combination of the above)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Use any day old bread; whole wheat, 9 grain etc.
- cut into cubes.
- Line the bottom of a well-greased baking dish with the cubed bread.
- In a heavy fry pan, cook pork sausage and drain.
- Sprinkle the sausage on top of the bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, mustard and cheeses and mix well.
- Pour over the sausage and bread mixture and refridgerate overnight.
- Next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove baking dish and top with the crushed"party mix" and pour on the melted butter.
- Pop in oven and bake for 40 minutes; top gets crunchy and browned and it's delicious!