Recipe by Lori Alcorn
A cheesy veggie casserole, layers of potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and carrots with 3 kinds of cheese. It is a great blend of tastes, even for those who aren't a big fan of veggies, and it goes so fast I really should call it the disappearing casserole : ) I have also made this the easiest way possible, but feel free to 'make it from scratch'.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans potatoes, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 (12 ounce) cans carrots, whole
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the frozen cauliflower.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Open cans of potatoes, drain, empty into bowl and mash with butter and milk, and seasoning.
- Open cans of sweet potatoes, drain, empty into bowl and mash, soaking up extra liquid with paper towels.
- Open cans of carrots, drain, empty into bowl and mash, soaking up extra liquid with paper towels and then mix in cheese soup.
- Drain cauliflower, empty into bowl and mash, soaking up extra liquid with paper towels, and then mix in cream cheese.
- In a 9X13 casserole dish, spoon in all the sweet potatoes into a layer, then spoon in all cauliflower mixture into a layer, then spoon in all carrot mixture into a layer, then spoon in all potato mixture into a layer.
- Bake casserole for 45 minutes, then take out to cover with shredded cheese and any salt and pepper to taste, then bake for another 15 minutes.