Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
After several flopped recipes I took what I liked from several monster cookie recipes to make what I like to call the perfect monster cookie. They are not huge, but normal cookie size. It has peanut butter, but its not all you taste. It is wonderfully adjustable to fit any picky person and they are wonderfully soft, even the next day!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml crunchy peanut butter or 177.44 ml smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 73.94 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 118.29 ml M&M's or 118.29 ml smarties candies
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips or 118.29 ml milk chocolate chips or 118.29 ml peanut butter chips or 118.29 ml butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Parchment cookie sheets.
- Cream Butter, oil and sugars very well in mixing bowl.
- Add Peanut Butter, Egg, Vanilla and Sour Cream in that order.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- With a large spoon or spatula fold in oats until just mixed. Do not over mix!
- Fold in M&M's and chocolate chips again until just blended.<-I like the Peanut Butter M&M's and semi-sweet chocolate chipits -- but whatever floats your boat -- as long as it equals 1 cup -- or a little more ;-).
- Spoon approx 2-3 tbsp onto the parchment. I use a medium ice cream scoop. Do not press down, they will become perfect in the oven.
- I press a couple extra M&Ms onto the top of each cookie to make them look extra yummy.
- Place 6-9 cookies on one pan, spread apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes The center will still be soft but sides will brown a little.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 min and transfer to cooling rack.
- Viola and Enjoy!