I love monster cookies. The original recipe that I got from my mom made a lot of cookies and it called for 18 eggs but I have scaled down that recipe. I found that winter rowand had posted a similar monster cookie recipe but mine is a little bit different so I thought I would go ahead and continue to post it; the link to that recipe is listed below. I make these into "Breakfast Cookies" for my husband to eat in the morning by substituting raisins in place of the chocolate, M&M's and butterscotch and using light molasses instead of corn syrup. I usually refrigerate the dough for 30 mins before baking, but I won't go as far as to say it's necessary. *I said the recipe makes 3 dozen cookies but I make them pretty large. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/getrecipe.zsp?scaleto=50&sys=e&id=124822
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat into the egg mixture remaining ingredient until everything is well blended.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes and then drop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.