Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Original recipe from Family Circle Magazine (Oct.1985) by a man named Jim Fobel. These went into almost every loot bag and lunch box when I was a kid!!! If you know this man, tell him I said "Thanks!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate (broken into chunks) or 3 ounces M&M's or 3 ounces Reese's pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Coarsely chop all pecan halves, except 1/2 cup.
- In a small bowl mix together flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, both sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Add flour mix to this until blended then stir in coarse chopped pecans.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape dough into 12 mounds (6 on each sheet), space evenly.
- Push chocolate pieces and pecan pieces into dough.
- Bake for 15-17 minute until golden brown around edges and lightly coloured on top.
- When done let cookies rest on sheets for 3min. to firm up. Carefully lift off and turn into a brown paper bag; let stand 5 minute Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Enjoy -- they are sooooo good!
This a really good cookie, I like the twist with the peanut butter in them. I did make them regular sized though since I needed that size. A delicious cookie, packed with good chewy chocolate. I didn't use pecans, I forgot them and used plain chocolate chunks..Yummy! This was made for Fall PAC 2008.
I was so looking for a recipe for monster cookies that didn't include oat-meal. Not that I don't like it. It's the fam ya know. So, when I stumbled upon this, I knew I had to save it into my cookie's cook-book here on Zaar. This is the first one I"ve come across that includes flour and totally eliminates oatmeal. Most monster cookie recipes are the opposite. This did not disappoint. I followed all your ingredients listed except for the pecans. Again, preference. TYSM for posting this keeper SC!~