Original recipe from Family Circle Magazine (Oct.1985) by a man named Jim Fobel. These went into almost every loot bag and lunch box when I was a kid!!! If you know this man, tell him I said "Thanks!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate (broken into chunks) or 3 ounces M&M's or 3 ounces Reese's pieces
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- 2Coarsely chop all pecan halves, except 1/2 cup.
- 3In a small bowl mix together flour and baking soda.
- 4In a large bowl, beat together butter, both sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- 5Add flour mix to this until blended then stir in coarse chopped pecans.
- 6Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape dough into 12 mounds (6 on each sheet), space evenly.
- 7Push chocolate pieces and pecan pieces into dough.
- 8Bake for 15-17 minute until golden brown around edges and lightly coloured on top.
- 9When done let cookies rest on sheets for 3min. to firm up. Carefully lift off and turn into a brown paper bag; let stand 5 minute Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 10Enjoy -- they are sooooo good!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monster Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 163.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g