Recipe by Erin Justice
I see there are a lot of Monster cookie recipes on here, but there are slight variations of it. I prefer my mom's recipe. Yes I know it calls for a lot of ingredients and in large quantities, but what I like to do is make a large batch before Halloween--hence "Monster" cookies. I put the dough into containers and freeze. This helps me get a jump start on my holidays. I just give out the dough as gifts through the holidays. My family loves it because everyone loves them, but no one wants to take the time to make them.
- 1 lb margarine
- 12 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white Karo
- 3 lbs chunky peanut butter
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 4 lbs white sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 18 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄4 lb butterscotch chips
- 1 lb chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 lb M&M'
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine, eggs, vanilla, syrup and peanut butter together.
- Add both sugars, baking soda and flour. Stir.
- Add oatmeal, stirring between scoop fulls.
- Stir in butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Form balls, and place on cookie sheet. (these suckers can spread so give them some room.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- You can freeze the dough for quite a while when covered well.