Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is DD's favorite cookie. They come out about the size of the lid on the Crisco can. Not cheap to make, but fun to do with the kids once or twice a year for something special Be sure to have a large dishpan or bowl to mix them up in.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 lbs brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 lb margarine, softened
- 3 lbs peanut butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 18 cups quick oatmeal
- Mix in a large dishpan in order given.
- Drop from an ice cream scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Just made these! I quartered the recipe, and we all love it! Thanks!
Best cookies ever! You can cut the batch in half and make smaller cookies, but be prepared to freeze them, or eat them all(my choice). Very superb.
This is a recipe that my family has enjoyed for years! We add as many "extras" as we can - usually including (in addition to the M&M's & Chocolate Chips) butterscotch chips, pecans, and vanilla chips. I don't have a large dishpan, so I scrub out one side of my sink really well and use it.