Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe from my local newspaper that my grandmother kept and was passed onto me.
- 473.18 ml butter or 473.18 ml margarine, softened
- 1478.68 ml creamy peanut butter
- 1064.65 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 946.36 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 12 eggs
- 340.19 g bag chocolate chips
- 453.59 g bagplain M&M's
- 4258.62 ml regular oatmeal or 4258.62 ml quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a very large bowl or a dishpan, cream together butter and peanut butter. Add brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, vanilla, baking soda, eggs, chocolate chips, M&M's, and oatmeal.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a 1/4-cup measure to dip out dough. Flatten cookies on ungreased baking sheet, leaving ample room for spreading - place 8 on large cookie sheet or 6 on a jellyroll pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes, depending on size. After cooking a minute or two, carefully remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate, if desired.