Recipe by The Tiny Chef
A recipe from my local newspaper that my grandmother kept and was passed onto me.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 6 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 12 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bagplain M&M's
- 18 cups regular oatmeal or 18 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a very large bowl or a dishpan, cream together butter and peanut butter. Add brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, vanilla, baking soda, eggs, chocolate chips, M&M's, and oatmeal.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a 1/4-cup measure to dip out dough. Flatten cookies on ungreased baking sheet, leaving ample room for spreading - place 8 on large cookie sheet or 6 on a jellyroll pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes, depending on size. After cooking a minute or two, carefully remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate, if desired.