Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
The best cookie ever! Must love all types of cookies for this one. Makes 25 plus dozen and freezes well so you can save for later to make, or you can cut in half or down to fourths.
- 1 lb butter (4 sticks) or 1 lb margarine (4 sticks)
- 3 lbs peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 lb white sugar
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or pancake syrup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 18 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 lb M&M' (mini or regular size)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips (or white chocolate or other favorite chip)
- In a VERY LARGE bowl, cream butters (butter and peanut butter).
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add maple syrup, salt, and baking soda, beat well.
- With your hands, mix in oats.
- Mix in chips (chocolate, M&M's, and butterscotch).
- Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookiesheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- To make into bar cookies, pat into 10X15X1 inch pan (filling 1/2 to 3/4 way), and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.