Recipe by Chabear01
As take from "Home Cooking" magazine. Let your kids help put these colorful jars together - they make great teacher gifts, or just about anybody gift...who doesn't enjoy a quick cookie mix in their basket. I like to combine my cookie mixes with a jar of Russian Refresher Mix Russian Refresher Mix or a Hot Chocolate or Flavored Coffee Mix in the baskets. Also to gift for different holidays, use chocolate covered mini candies in different colors, pastels for Easter, red and whites for Valentines days, or find those nifty Christmas colors.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For mix, combine flour, baking soda and salt, place in a 5-cup jar with a tight-fitting lid. Top with layers of candy and oats. Mix sugars: add to jar. Top with chips, Cover; give with recipe card as below.
- Simply cut and paste to a word program with a really nice Christmas or Holiday Picture, print on a 4x6 card or card stock, punch hole in upper corner of card, and thread thin ribbon through hole, tying it around the neck of the jar.
- 1 jar cookie mix.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened.
- 2 large egg, beaten.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Empty Cookie Mix into large bowl, breaking up brown sugar if clumped. Work in butter with rubber spatula. Add eggs and vanilla, stir until well blended. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of mixture 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheet on wire rack 2 minutes before removing from sheet to rack to cool completely. Makes 3 dozen cookies.