Not sure where this recipe came from but I love the soft chewy center and the crisp outside. I like to toast the pecans but they taste fine untoasted as well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- toast pecans in oven or in saucepan over medium heat.
- cream shortening, butter, and sugars.
- add eggs and vanilla.
- combine dry ingredients (3-1/2 cups flour, salt, and baking soda). Add them to the creamed mixture and stir well.
- Stir in toasted pecans and chocolate chips.
- Dip a 1/4 cup baking scoop into a bowl of extra flour, tap excess flour off the scoop (this will prevent dough from sticking to the scoop, redip in flour as needed).
- drop cookie dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- bake 13-15 minutes (13 for chewier cookie, 15 for crisper cookie).
- cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.