Recipe by grumpychef
Not sure where this recipe came from but I love the soft chewy center and the crisp outside. I like to toast the pecans but they taste fine untoasted as well.
Top Review by Chef Schellies
These were really good. They were nice and soft in the middle. Be careful not to overcook them, though. I did that with the first pan because I thought they should be darker colored and they turned out crunchy. 14 minutes was the perfect amount in my oven. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
- toast pecans in oven or in saucepan over medium heat.
- cream shortening, butter, and sugars.
- add eggs and vanilla.
- combine dry ingredients (3-1/2 cups flour, salt, and baking soda). Add them to the creamed mixture and stir well.
- Stir in toasted pecans and chocolate chips.
- Dip a 1/4 cup baking scoop into a bowl of extra flour, tap excess flour off the scoop (this will prevent dough from sticking to the scoop, redip in flour as needed).
- drop cookie dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- bake 13-15 minutes (13 for chewier cookie, 15 for crisper cookie).
- cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.