Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A new twist on an old favorite.
Make and share this Monster Chocolate Cashew Turtles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cashews, dry roasted, salted
- 16 ounces dark semisweet chocolate
- Heat the first heavy cream in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Place chocolate chips in a stainless steel bowl.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Place paper muffin cups into a muffin pan. Pour ganache into paper cups ¼ inch thick.
- Top with toasted cashews and cool in freezer.
- For the caramel:.
- Heat the second cream in a small pan up to the boil.
- Shut off heat and keep warm.
- In a large sauce pan, combine sugar water and lemon juice and cook to a medium caramel color. Be extremely careful -- this will be 'very hot'.
- Remove from heat and carefully add the hot heavy cream.
- Stir until a smooth caramel.
- Caution, use a cooking vessel much larger than necessary because the hot caramel will boil up and could splatter.
- Allow to cool to a honey like thickness.
- Spoon the caramel on top of the cashews. Place back in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper cups and place turtles on a wire rack.
- Melt dark chocolate and spoon over turtles.