A new twist on an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the first heavy cream in a small sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- 3Place chocolate chips in a stainless steel bowl.
- 4Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula.
- 5Place paper muffin cups into a muffin pan. Pour ganache into paper cups ¼ inch thick.
- 6Top with toasted cashews and cool in freezer.
- 7For the caramel:.
- 8Heat the second cream in a small pan up to the boil.
- 9Shut off heat and keep warm.
- 10In a large sauce pan, combine sugar water and lemon juice and cook to a medium caramel color. Be extremely careful -- this will be 'very hot'.
- 11Remove from heat and carefully add the hot heavy cream.
- 12Stir until a smooth caramel.
- 13Caution, use a cooking vessel much larger than necessary because the hot caramel will boil up and could splatter.
- 14Allow to cool to a honey like thickness.
- 15Spoon the caramel on top of the cashews. Place back in freezer for 15 minutes.
- 16Remove paper cups and place turtles on a wire rack.
- 17Melt dark chocolate and spoon over turtles.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monster Chocolate Cashew Turtles
Serving Size: 1 (1601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 8.7 g