Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Huge chocolate chip cookies. The best cookies ever!!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or wheat)
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy (approx. 5 mins).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3" apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set.
- Cool 2 minutes and remove to wire rack.
Got this recipe from Taste of Home, and boy are they good ! I used 4 different kinds of chips, since I didn't have 4c of chocolate chips in the house, so feel free to use whatever you've got.