Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this off of the Kraft website. This looks really interesting and easy
Make and share this Monster Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 ounces vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4-serving size)
- 8 ounces light cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 16 ounces powdered sugar, sifted (4 to 4-1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 ounce black decorating gel
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 3 miniature marshmallows, cut in half
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package (subbing applesauce for oil and egg beaters for eggs). Add dry pudding mix; mix well. Spoon evenly into 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and food coloring in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Arrange cupcakes on large serving platter or tray to resemble a monster's head. Spread with frosting. Use decorating gel to outline the eyes, mouth, scars and hairline on the cupcakes. Fill in the hair with cookie crumbs. Place 2 of the marshmallow halves in centers of eyes; place remaining 4 marshmallow halves in the mouth for teeth. Store in refrigerator.