Recipe by julestoo
My favorite Christmas candy recipe from my Grandma Ruby. I don't know where it came from originally and have not been able to find it anywhere else. Steps two and four are fussy but well worth the effort. Cut these SMALL! The original recipe called for margarine.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 egg
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt one stick of butter, granulated sugar and one ounce of chocolate in a double boiler. Slowly, add one unbeaten egg and cook for five minutes.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, coconut and nuts. Mix into cooked liquid, press into cookie sheet, and chill.
- Mix together one stick of softened butter, vanilla instant pudding, milk and powdered sugar. Spread over crust layer and chill.
- Carefully, melt remaining chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Spread over white layer and chill.
- Cut into small squares.