Recipe by Barb G.
We love monkfish--it is a lot like lobster. This recipe is easy and delicious.
Top Review by Panda Rose
Thanks Barb, this was just gorgeous and so easy to produce a fabulous meal. My DH thought there was too much lemon juice, I disagree and since I cook it...............! It did not make enough sauce for me so I will have to tweak it a bit next time. I think I didn't add enough white wine. I drank it instead.
- 1 lb monk fish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut monkfish into 8 pieces.
- Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; add 4 tablespoons butter.
- Sauté fish in melted 1 minute on each side, till nicely browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add wine, lemon and parsley to skillet and reduce by half.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to lemon mixture, shake skillet.
- Serve over fish.