Recipe by Kizzikate
Monkfish is a firm, white fish with a sweet taste, similar to lobster. For these kabobs, a sharp knife is essential to cut the fish into cubes.
Top Review by ellie_
This was a nice change for a fish dinner -- I couldn't find monkfish so I used cod - another fish may have been a better choice, but we still enjoyed these skewers with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb monkfish, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 16 whole mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange monkfish, onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them 10 minutes in water to avoid flare-ups.
- Combine cumin, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl.
- Grill kabobs, basting with sauce, for app. 5 minutes, until fish is cooked through.