Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sweet lobster-like fish is delicious with this garlicky tomato sauce and a cold glass of white wine. Compliments of F & W magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, plus
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 (6 ounce) monkfish fillets, cleaned, about 2-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a Lg. skillet, warm 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook slowly over very low heat, shaking the skillet, until the garlic is deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove about 1/4 cup of garlic slices and reserve. Add paprika to remaining garlic in skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add the water and simmer until the sauce reduces to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a very Lg. skillet, heat the remaining 3 Tbls of olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes. Turn, transfer to the oven and roast until just cooked though, 15 minutes.
- Transfer fish to a Lg, warmed platter. Pour any juices from the skillet into the sauce and simmer 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce onto plates and set the fish on top. Scatter the fried garlic over the fish and serve immediately.
Thank You, It was perfect! it wasn't hard, i had this for my GF as shes been down! so being a student i cant afford lobbies! so this was great! Taste is simple and Scrummy! and its worth the hassel! so go try it!!!