Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really sophistacated dish. Great started for a dinner party. You can make the marmalade in advance and reheat in the microwave.
- 4 monkfish fillets
- 8 slices parma ham
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Season and wrap each fillet with 2 slices of parma ham, tucking the seams underneath.
- Leave them in the fridge on alightly oiled baking sheet until just before serving.
- For Marmalade: Heat some olice oil in a saucepan and gently fry the finely chopped red onion until soft.
- Deseed and slice the peppers into long thin pieces.
- Add to the onion, cover and cook gently until softened and just holding a shape, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in some freshly shredded basil leaves.
- Bake the monkfish at 190c/375F/ gas mark 5 for 10/12 minutes.
- Slice each fillet into 1cm pieces and serve fanned on a bed of red onion and pepper marmalade.