Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very Simple Monkfish Recipe. I had something similar in Venice Italy. I have been searching forever for a monkfish recipe with no luck. In fact I became rather intimidated as most sites I found info on said Monkfish was difficult to prepare. So I made this one up Myself. My Husband & children loved it. The cooking and ingredient quantities are estimated as I just threw everything together & this was the 1st time I made this.
- Cover broiling pan (at least 1/4" deep) with foil. Heat broiler to Low.
- Place Monkfish Fillets in pan & season with salt & pepper.
- Slice sticks of butter in 1/8" pieces & lay on top of fish.
- Sprinkle lemon & wine over fish.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley.
- Place in broiler for aprox. 15 to 30 min (I am not sure of the time as I was not paying that much attention to it). I just checked the fish every few minute & took out of oven when fish started to flake.
Ty anyone who has ever been intimidated by preparing fish: Try this recipe! It was super easy to prepare and the flavor is outstanding, probably better than you've had at most restaurants. I used haddock with fantastic results. You can probably use almost any fish you would like. The only other change I made was to reduce butter by half and when I make it again I will do the same, because I can't imagine this fish tasting any better than it did. What I also love about this recipe is that it's easy to do for a dinner party. I can prepare it in advance and then just pop it in the oven. I can't wait to serve it to my friends. Thank you very much!
This was very good, I almost wanted a little "more" flavor (garlic or Old Bay, maybe?). I used Mahi Mahi filets (they're one of our favorite fish varieties).I would make it again, and perhaps add some more seasoning. Ease of preparation held an additional star. I actually placed fresh asparagus spears alongside the fish and cooked them together. Served with spinach cheese tortellini alfredo. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, really enjoyed your recipe and it was very easy to make. :)