Very Simple Monkfish Recipe. I had something similar in Venice Italy. I have been searching forever for a monkfish recipe with no luck. In fact I became rather intimidated as most sites I found info on said Monkfish was difficult to prepare. So I made this one up Myself. My Husband & children loved it. The cooking and ingredient quantities are estimated as I just threw everything together & this was the 1st time I made this.
- Cover broiling pan (at least 1/4" deep) with foil. Heat broiler to Low.
- Place Monkfish Fillets in pan & season with salt & pepper.
- Slice sticks of butter in 1/8" pieces & lay on top of fish.
- Sprinkle lemon & wine over fish.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley.
- Place in broiler for aprox. 15 to 30 min (I am not sure of the time as I was not paying that much attention to it). I just checked the fish every few minute & took out of oven when fish started to flake.