Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Chef Luciana Spuria of Le Virtu in Philadelphia. A native of Abruzzi, she knows her fish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 hot pepper, green, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- white pepper
- 2 lbs monkfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped (or 1 t dried)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 caper berries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, choppeed
- 16 clams
- 16 mussels
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (chardonnay is a good choice)
- Combine olive oil in frying pan with 2 slices fresh green hot pepper, and one clove garlic. When oil is medium hot, add fish.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish with salt and white pepper and cook about two minutes (more if fish steaks are thick).
- Flip the steaks, sprinkle with oregano.
- Let the temperature in the pan return to medium hot. Add capers and cherry tomatoes (and caper berry if using). Add parsley.
- Add shellfish and white wine. Cover and cook until shellfish open. Remove cover and let the liquid in the pan evaporate. (Do not reduce the flame).