Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
A German dish taught to my mother in the 80's. Pork Loin marinated with onions and garlic traditionally cooked over birch wood. This recipe is adapted to the outside grill.
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into 4 8 oz 1 inch thick loins
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 vidalia onion
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- The day before cooking salt and pepper loins and place into ziploc bag.
- Mince garlic cloves and place in ziploc bag.
- Cut onion into slices and add to ziploc bag.
- Place in refrigerator overnight. (have done it as long as 2 days).
- Grill loins on a gas/charcoal grill until it reaches desired temperature. Meat will take a while to cook because its thick. Be careful not to use high heat as meat will burn before done.