Recipe by MonkeyboyChef
Monkeyboy's play on the classic German dish. Made with pork instead of veal.
- 16 ounces pork loin
- 2 eggs
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (for dredging)
- 12 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 small lemon
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork loins on cutting board and beat thin with mallet. For quicker prep ask butcher to run through tenderizer twice (2x) before bringing home. Salt and pepper each side of flatten loins.
- Scramble two eggs in mixing bowl. Dredge loins in egg mixture.
- Place dredged loins in bread crumbs being sure to coat totally.
- Fry loins over medium heat in 3 Tbs. of Extra-virgin olive oil. Pork loin will cook quickly because it is very thin. Approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- In a separate pan use remaining Extra-virgin olive oil combined with butter to cook your mushrooms. As your mushrooms absorbs butter add cream and balsamic vinegar to pan. Turn heat down to simmer and let reduce slightly. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Slice lemon into quarters.
- Plate Schniztel and use the juice of one lemon quarter on each piece. Top with Mushroom sauce.