Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Monkeyboy's version of Cordon Bleu.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto ham
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten out Chicken Breast with a mallet. (Chef's tip: Place the chicken in between two sheets of plastic wrap before pounding to ease clean-up) Salt and Pepper each side of the chicken breast.
- Scramble the eggs to create a dredging mixture in a bowl.
- Cut Gruyere into long pieces about 1 inch thick and wrap the cheese with 1 slice of proscuito ham.
- dredge chicken breast then roll ham/cheese wrap inside of chicken breast.
- coat the rolled chicken breast in the bread crumbs.
- Lightly spray a foil coated baking pan with cooking spray and place breaded rolls on baking pan open edge side down. You may also use toothpicks to hold together.
- Coat top of rolls with 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack for 35 minutes. Time may vary with oven size,etc.
- Cut roll in half at an angle, plate and serve.