1 hr 30 mins
This pie has flavors reminiscent of a carnival treat known as Monkey Tail --- frozen banana on a stick dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with peanuts. Needs to refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1Heat oven to 375. Spray 9 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into sprayed pan. Bake at 375 for 33-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; place on wire rack. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine pudding mix and 1 cup milk; beat with wire whisk until pudding thickens. Fold in whipped topping and bananas.
- 3With long serrated knife, cut cake into 2 layers. Place bottom cake layer on serving plate. Top with filling and remaining cake layer.
- 4In small microwave-safe bowl, microwave frosting on HIGH for 15-30 seconds, stirring until smooth but not runny. Pour warm frosting over top of cake, spreading frosting to edges and allowing some to run down sides. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on warm frosting. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey Tail Pie
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 212.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
banana bread mix