Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the show Jon and Kate+8. I absoutly love them.
Make and share this Monkey Munch Treat( from Jon &kate+8 ) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups candy-coated chocolates
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted oat cereal, rice cereal, peanuts and chocolate pieces; set aside. Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the corn syrup and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and quickly stir into the peanut butter and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the cereal mixture and mix well. Press into the prepared pan. Let stand until set. Cut into bars and serve.
Not even close, just saying you saw it on a popular show doesn't make it so. The J & K + 8 version has no peanuts or corn syrup, chocolate chips instead of "candy-coated" and has powdered sugar to coat it all.
This is not at all the recipe from Jon and Kate plus 8, but it's good either way. I think I would make it with just rice krispies next time instead of the cheerios and just make them glorified rice krispy treats.