Recipe by Color Guard Mom
I got this recipe from a friend years ago. In the Philippines they actually used monkey meat, but here in the USA we use pork steak. The number of bamboo skewers used depends on the amount of meat you prefer on each skewer. I guessed for this recipe.
- 2 lbs pork steaks
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, crushed
- pepper, to taste
- 12 bamboo skewers (soaked in water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up pork steaks into bite size pieces.
- Mix the teriyaki, chicken broth, garlic, ginger and pepper together.
- Place the meat in a container and pour the marinade over it.
- Place an air tight lid on the container and marinate overnight.
- Place on presoaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill on a foil covered grill that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Grill until dark brown; 20 minutes is a guess; it really depends on the cut of the meat and the temperature of your grill.
- Great served with rice.