Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This will really be a hit with the kids!
- 8 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Curacao (optional) or 3 tablespoons apricot brandy (optional)
- shredded coconut (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cut 8 bananas in half lengthwise and then crosswise.
- Blend the sugar and cinnamon together and dip bananas in the mixture until coated.
- Place the four quarters cut side down, side by side, in a 9-inch round or square ovenproof dish.
- Mix orange juice and liqueur, if using, and pour over bananas. Bake at 350' for 20 minutes, basting with the juice if it looks dry.
- Garnish if desired and serve hot.
I made this tonight for a quick dessert since my husband was working. Unfortunatly, it wasn't a big hit. I topped it with almonds and coconut. The kids wouldn't eat it, and I just thought it was okay. I am not officially rating it since it could have been my fault. I didn't have any Curaco or apricot brandy, so that could have made the difference.
a very good recipe. I used the coconuts, and the peanuts. We all loved it. It also had a nice aroma to it. Can not wait to make it again. Thanks for the recipe.