What a twist to an all time favorite! I make cheese balls all the time as you can make them before head when you are awaiting a crowd or have hungry guests dropping in without knowing beforehand. Sometimes neither me and nor DH feel for cooking, then we just sit down, i chop up some apples, carrots and find some crackers or nice bread and we enjoy some really fast dinner which still makes you feel good. The bananas give this cheeseball a slightly sweet taste which is though not over whelming as there are lots of spices too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I can recommend to serve it with salted crackers or, if you like it to bee more filling, with dark, freshly baked rye bread. Note: Cooking time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften the cream cheese in your mixer or food processor.
- 2Add salt, roasted garlic and thyme and beat until well blended.
- 3Stir inn the chopped up banana, green onion and cheddar cheese.
- 4Blend in 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- 5Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 6Shape into ball and roll in the remaining walnuts.
- 7Decorate with fresh thyme leaves if you like.
- 8Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey Cheese Ball
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 925.3
- Calories from Fat 785
- Total Fat 87.2 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 1096.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.2 g