1/1 Photo of Monkey Butter (Monkey Jam)
Tropical tasting jam that has many wonderful uses...fill crepes or cakes, top on toast, eat right out of the jar... Processing time not included. From American Prepper's Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all ingredients to a saucepan slicing bananas over the top. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often to prevent sticking. Continue stirring and mashing your fruit to get a thick consistency; about 20-30 minutes.
- 2Ladle hot jam into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Using a chopstick or plastic knife, pop any air bubbles. Wipe rims spotlessly clean and place a sealing lid on top the jar. Place your lid and rings on finger tight and process in a water bath canner for 15 minutes for pint jars and 10 minutes for half-pint jars.
- 3If jar lid seals it will easily keep for one year in a cool, dark place. If jar doesn't seal, place it in your refrigerator and eat within 3 months, or within one month of opening.
- 4Note: Product may turn a light pink hue.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey Butter (Monkey Jam)
Serving Size: 1 (1825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1325.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 335.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 305.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g