Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
These brownies are nutritious for your young'uns, and for you grownups too!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or processor, combine banana, sugar, juice and extracts.
- Process till smooth and creamy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Combine with banana mixture.
- Beat egg whites till very frothy but not peaked.
- Fold into brownie mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Bake in Pam-sprayed 8-inch square pan for 35 minutes@ 350*.
- Remove and cool.