1/2 Photos of Monkey Bread
1 hr 5 mins
bug @<'s Note:
Gooey pull-apart bread; this one's great! Learned it in my college cooking class and it's been a favorite of mine ever since! A winner with all the boys (great way to make friends!) :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf rhodes frozen bread dough
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Break dough into small balls (golf ball size).
- 2Melt butter in medium size bowl.
- 3Mix sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- 4Roll the balls into the butter bowl, then the cinnamon-sugar bowl and place in pan (loaf, cake, bundt, etc.).
- 5Pour remaining butter and cinnamon-sugar mixture onto balls; mix.
- 6Let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes in a warm place).
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- 8Let cool for approximately 2 minutes, then flip over onto plate.
- 9If desired, drizzle icing over top while hot.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 34.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough