Recipe by SlipC
I have fond memories of this bread. My Mom used to make it for a special treat and just the smell of it baking today reminds me of being a kid. I hope that your kids (and adults too!!) enjoy it as much as I did.
Top Review by Jenn DiPasquale
This recipe is just like my grandma's and is always a hit...never any leftovers. I add vanilla extract to the sugar/butter melted mixture and make many layers instead of one. I also spray the pan instead of grease/flour and have never had a problem removing the delicious treat. (A quick way to coat biscuits with cinnamon/sugar is to shake in a bag)
- 3 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon on medium sized plate.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and roll in sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Pile coated biscuits into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 tsp.
- cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Melt margarine and add sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Heat until sugar melts and pour over biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then invert onto cake plate.