Prep 4 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Rising time is included in prep time. Recipe Source: Hometown Recipes
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water (110 to 115F)
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground pecans
- Scald milk in a small saucepan. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter and salt. Heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and a sprinkling of sugar in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes until yeast bubbles. Stir in eggs and milk mixture. Stir in 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add 2 cups flour; mix well. If dough seems too wet, add another 1/2 cup flour. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and let it rise again until doubled in size. About 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt remaining 3/4 cup butter. Roll dough into walnut-size balls. (If dough is too wet to handle easily, scoop up portion of dough with a soup spoon.) Dip into melted butter, then in sugar mixture, then in pecans. Pile loosely in an ungreased Bundt pan. Let rise 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Bake 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325°F Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and invert immediately onto a large serving plate. Serve hot.