Recipe by Sherri L.
This a traditional family recipe that we make for Christmas every year. Family can help themself through out the morning. while we are busy opening presents and cooking the big meal. You can combine this with Gorilla bread if you like, by putting Gorilla bread on the serving plate and putting the Monkey bread on top (gorilla with a moneky on its back)
- 30 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into quarters (3 cans of 10 biscuits each)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use 1 cup because my family loves nuts) or 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts (I usually use 1 cup because my family loves nuts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine white sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a large zip-top bag. Add biscuit quarters and shake to coat.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Alternate layers of biscuits and nuts in the pan, starting with nuts. If you have any leftover cinnamon sugar mixture you can sprinkle it between the layers as well.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and the melted butter and pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let set in pan for 10 minute then turn out onto a plate or serving dish. To eat just pinch off portions with your fingers!