Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother made this every Christmas morning, and we have carried on the tradition with our children.
- 4 (8 ounce) cans biscuit dough
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bisuits into quarters and drop in plastic bag containing 2/3 Cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Shake until cinnamon and sugar is taken up by bisuits.
- Dump bisuits in bundt or angel food pan.
- Boil together for 2-3 minutes 3/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 Cup sugar. Pour evenly over biscuits.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes and turn out on plate.
- These are best served warm, but great for nibbling on later in the day - if there's any left!
Great monkey bread! I tagged this recipe for the Use It or Lose It Bargain Basement tag game. I halved the recipe using one (16 oz) can of Grands biscuits cut in 1/8s. This made a great breakfast! Since I halved it, I put in a smallish casserole dish. I had to cook for about 10 more minutes, during which time I covered it to keep from getting overdone on top.