Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
We made a similar recipe in my Home Ec. class when I was young. I've always loved it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) canslarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease tube pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in plastic storage bag.
- Cut each biscuit in quarters.
- Shake quartered biscuits in bag to coat.
- Arrange in pan.
- Mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until no longer doughy in center.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate.
I make a very similar recipe and it's fantastic. This recipe is very easy to make and tastes wonderful. A real treat for breakfast or brunch! Reviewed for PAC Fall 2011.
Reminds me of home! My mom made this when I was growing up and I'd forgotten all about it. Craved it when I was pregnant and wow! Just like I remembered. Yum!
I made this last night and it was WONDERFUL. Very easy and makes a beautiful presentation. Very neat!! My husband ate a lot, I ate a lot, and he and I both took some to work to share. Now I have no more left -guess I will make another one - hee hee!! This will be the dessert I will make for our next work party. Thanks for sharing!!