Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
- 3 (10 ounce) pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° Place nuts onto bottom of greased bundt pan.
- Quarter biscuits; roll in cinnamon and sugar that has been mixed together.
- Place in pan.
- Melt margarine, brown sugar and water; boil 2 minutes and pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I had never heard of Monkey Bread. It's really very good! Made it for breakfast for my fellow coworkers. If I hadn't snitched a couple of pieces for myself before I brought it in, I wouldn't have gotten any! It was gone in seconds! :-)
This is a great recipe to make with kids because they can do the majority of the preparation and it's a lot of fun. However, most recently, this was a hit at the adult party. We couldn't stop eating it! I recommend using only one stick (half cup) of butter.
These are just plain fun and so yummy, flaky, sweet and nutty. The fun of Monkey Bread is pulling off biscuits to eat. A great brunch item.