Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Loved by children and parents everywhere, a favorite of Elvis, too, I think! Consider adding jam to really jazz it up. Move over Julia Child--coming through!!!
- Apply peanut butter to one slice of bread.
- Slice banana lengthwise or diagonal if you're trying to impress someone with your culinary skills; width-wise if you're just trying to feed a hungry child; spread banana slices over peanut butter.
- Plop the other slice of bread on top.
- Squish lightly to compress the ingredients.
- ALTERNATIVES: Honey or jam may be applied before adding the banana slices, although this would slightly alter the DNA perhaps resulting in a hybrid monkey, maybe even upgrading completely to a gorilla! Use with caution!
I made this for a quick lunch today. I used to eat these as a kid, but with mayo on one slice of bread. Tried it this time with honey. Both ways are yummy! Made for Fall PAC 2009! Thanks Debber for posting!
The perfect on the go breakfast. It has grains, protein and fruit plus it tastes great. I eat these all the time.
Adding a drizzle of honey is the way to go!