Recipe by Motivated Mama
From Parenting Magazine. Another great dessert with secretly added nutrition!
- cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sweet potato, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, pureed
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about one cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Carrot & sweet potato purees can be used interchangeably, use one or the other, or both, as long as it totals 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray bottom, not the sides, of an 11x7 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, sugar & salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in puree, bananas, vanilla, & egg yolks. Add the oats and flour, and mix until just combined. Pour entire mixture into prepared baking pan and bake 40-43 minutes, until a tooth pic comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting. If desired, melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle across bars.