Motivated Mama's Note:
From Parenting Magazine. Another great dessert with secretly added nutrition!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, pureed
- 1/4 cup carrot, pureed
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about one cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1NOTE: Carrot & sweet potato purees can be used interchangeably, use one or the other, or both, as long as it totals 1/2 cup.
- 2Preheat oven to 325. Spray bottom, not the sides, of an 11x7 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- 3In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, sugar & salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- 4Whisk in puree, bananas, vanilla, & egg yolks. Add the oats and flour, and mix until just combined. Pour entire mixture into prepared baking pan and bake 40-43 minutes, until a tooth pic comes out clean.
- 5Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting. If desired, melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle across bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkey Bars With a Sweet Secret
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g